10 Summer Maintenance Tips for Your Home
Summer is the perfect time to step outside and make sure your home is in good shape. There are many tasks you can do that will help spruce up your home. Use a weekend to apply some time to exterior and interior home maintenance tasks. Here is a list of simple summer projects you could do.
- Check Detectors. Make sure your home’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working.
- Exterior Paint Touch-Ups. Touching up the paint on the outside of your home is a quick and fun way to boost your curb appeal.
- Clean Exterior Windows. Use a summer day to wash the outside of your house’s windows as it is something that doesn’t get done very often. If Windex doesn’t do the trick, fill a bucket with hot soapy water and scrub them by hand.
- Replace Your Window Screens. If your window screens are too filthy to be cleaned, you might just want to replace them.
- Inspect Your Patio, Driveway, and Walkways. Check these areas for cracks and weeds, and use a pressure washer to wash away dirt and residue.
- Clean Your Home’s Roof. A pressure washer is a good item to have to clean your entire house from the roof on down.
- Clean Gutters. Rid your gutters of leaves and debris. It may be time to replace your gutters altogether.
- Inspect Your Hoses. Check your hoses for leaks and wear and tear. Replace your hoses every 3-5 years.
- Inspect Your Attic and Basement. Check your attic and basement for any signs of pests or insects, water leakage, and mold.
- Add or Replace Exterior Décor. Liven up your yard or porch with new décor and make your home a sight to see.
Stay hydrated while you’re working on your summer maintenance tasks! Happy a safe and happy summer from Liberty Builders.