Seasonal home maintenance helps to keep your home running smoothly, protects your investments, and may decrease your home repair costs. Since winter is the un-friendliest season of the year, you shouldn’t allow winter maintenance to go by during the busiest time of the year. Follow these December home maintenance tips before things get rough around the house.
• Disconnect all your garden hoses and wrap all exterior pipes and spigots.
• Find cold drafts seeping in through windows and properly seal with caulk or weather-stripping.
• Clean out your chimney or hire a professional chimney cleaner if you’re unsure how to properly clean it yourself.
• Clean out your dryer vents or this will create a big fire risk.
• Change your air filter as this will ensure your system is running more efficiently and will cut down on allergens.
• Clean your gutters from the fall buildup of leaves.
• Check that all your exterior electrical components are working properly.
• Check for loose or broken shingles on your roof.
• Survey your attic and insulation in order to lower your heating bill.
• Replace the batteries to your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
• Finally, if haven’t already, safely set up decorations and Christmas lights around your home.
Keep following Liberty Builders’ blogs for your monthly home maintenance checklists.