6 Signs You Need To Replace Your Windows
Now that Spring has arrived, it’s time for some home improvements. The winter can provide some damage to your home, especially to your windows. Be aware of how winter weather can affect them. If you didn’t take any precautions for winter or if you are not aware of how to notice window damage, here are some warning signs.
- Condensation: Can you see out of the window? Condensation, fading, and discoloration can all affect your windows. Ugly windows will lower the value and appeal of your home. If you can’t see inside or outside, it is time for replacements.
- Energy Efficiency: Is your energy bill higher? If your HVAC unit is working harder than normal, it is because your windows are old and are letting outside air in. This leads to higher electric bills. You’ll be able to tell this is happening if your windows appear to be leaking and it’s not condensation.
- Cracked / Damaged: How difficult is it to crack a window open? A definite sign that you need your windows replaced is when you struggle to open and close them. If you can feel or hear a draft seeping through, this might be a sign that your windows aren’t shutting properly either and it is time to replace.
- Exterior Noise: Can you hear your neighbors fighting? Good windows should be able to reduce exterior noise. An improved window design can drown out those loud car horns and neighbors.
- Insects / Critters: Have you found more insects indoors? If you spot mice and other outdoor critters crawling about your floors, they could be coming in through cracks found on your window glass or sill.
- Rotting: How old is your house? When living in an older home, the window wood might be rotting and the window design look could be outdated. Update the look of your home by replacing the windows, while also lowering your energy bill and complementing your home’s exterior with something more attractive.
To be sure about window damage, call our local window services for an in-home consultation.