How to Prepare for a Remodel
In honor of National Home Improvement Month, Liberty Builders would like to share some tips on how to prepare for a remodel. While Liberty Builders is the leading exterior home remodeling company that focuses on energy efficient products and services, some of our exterior work goes into repairing a lot of interior parts of the home. That’s why we’re here to offer you some planning advice when you’re ready for an overall remodeling of your home.
- Research: Research projects, products, and companies to compare price and to gain an understanding of what you’re looking for in a remodel. Research property value to make ensure that your projects are in line with the other homes in your area.
- Plan: Ask yourself how long you might live in your house or if you plan to make your family bigger in the immediate future. Use long and short term questions to figure out the projects you need to focus on now.
- Budget: Set a realistic budget for your projects. Include projects, products, and incidental expenses. Don’t be afraid to share this with your remodeler. Professionals will be respectful of your budget and will create a strategy around that.
- Review your Contract: Once you find the right professionals, ask the right questions. Ask about time, cost, their specialties, background, and issues with previous clients. Finally, ask them about their plan to move forward with your project. A true remodeling professional won’t intentionally mislead you, but they might occasionally miss something, so thoroughly read your contract and if something looks different from what was originally discussed, let them know immediately.
- Final Selections: Make your final project decisions based on quality, style, function, availability, and price.
- Communicate: Again, ask questions. It’s okay to be on top of your remodeler. This is your home so you should know when the project should start and when it should end. A professional will be honest with you and will communicate with you to ensure they stay on your good side.
We hope this information helps, and when you’re ready, please be sure to give Liberty Builders a call for a FREE in-home consultation! Although we cater to exterior home maintenance, we would be happy to assist you with questions you have about your interior remodeling.